wtorek, 24 lutego 2015

Maraschino - a taste of Zadar!



Croatia and Zadar are famous from several drinks which you just should try. In this post and in the following one I will list you the most popular and tasty alcohol drink in Croatia. Please have a look on this list and for sure you will find something  for you. To be honest not each of them may firstly seem to you tasty, because Croatian love the alcohol drinks made from herbs. However, I highly recommend to try each of them so as to feel the real taste of Croatia.

To start with, in Zadar is located Maraska, from many people consider as the sign of Croatia. They produce two product categories that stand out among the rich and diverse range of Maraska´s products. The first category consists out of the products based on autochthon cherry marasca like fruit syrups Amarena Premium and Amarena and nectar Amarena. The second category consists out of the strong alcoholic drinks assortment, such as are liqueurs Maraschino, Cherry Brandy, Cherrica, Orahovac, the so-called Maraska specialties.


The most popular among them is Maraschino liqueur originated in the city of Zadar. Quite amazing thing considering to this drink is that it come from  the 16th century. It is made from maraska sour cherries, what makes the drink sweet and fragrant. 

Where to Find Maraschino Liqueur
Maraschino liqueur can be purchased throughout Croatia. It is usually – but not always – sold in straw-wrapped bottles that give this special drink a distinctive look. This bottles were initially produced in a city of Murano near Venice, and later, after 1869 in the new glass factory in Zadar. The present company, Maraska, uses these historical bottles as a model for the Maraschino bottles we use today in order to maintain its image and its distinctive visual identity.

How to Drink Maraschino Liqueur
Maraschino can be served over ice or as a part of mixed drinks. Because of its sweetness, maraschino is excellent served at the end of a meal.


4 komentarze:

  1. Um! It looks tasty. I'm sure I'll try it. Is it possible to buy it here?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Unfortunately, I have never see in Polish shop any product of Maraska... :( If you have an opportunity to try Maraska's product, apart from delicious Maraschino Liqueur and other alcohol drinks they product incredibly good juices. I highly recomend bilberry juice, it is just great!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Looks delicious, sounds delicious must taste delicious. Shame we cant buy it in Poland. Luckily I have read this post today. Tomorrow I am doing business arrangmenst with company from Croatia. The person I am coresponding with told me that he will owe me big time if we make a deal tomorrow. Simple I am going to ask Radoja to send me Maraschino Liqueur as a thank you present :) I wonder what will be his reaction. I am going to let you know tomorrow:)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Wow that is great, lucky you! You cannot miss this chance and just must ask him to bring/send you a bottle or two ;) I am looking forward to your message :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń